GRL USB Power Delivery Test Solution Approved as USB-IF Compliance Tool
一月 4th, 2017 by Admin GRL
Official compliance solution for critical testing of USB Power Delivery and USB Type-C™ designs
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 4, 2017 – Granite River Labs (GRL), a global leader in engineering services and test solutions for high speed connectivity, today announced that their automated USB Power Delivery (PD) compliance test solution has been approved by USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) as an official USB PD 2.0 compliance test tool. GRL’s USB PD solution consists of compliance test software (GRL-USB-PD) and USB Type-C™ test controller hardware (GRL-USB-PD-C1), and supports the USB-IF Compliance Plan for the USB Power Delivery Specification Revision 1.0 Version 2.
GRL’s USB PD solution provides an automated, simple, and efficient way to perform USB PD electrical parametric and protocol measurements. The solution enables product developers to quickly run USB PD compliance and validation tests using virtually any Windows 7+ oscilloscope from Keysight Technologies, Rohde & Schwarz, Tektronix or Teledyne LeCroy.
The USB Power Delivery specification enables the maximum functionality of USB by providing more flexible power delivery along with data over a single cable — up to 100W power at 20V in either direction. For all new designs using the new USB Type-C Connector, the USB PD specification provides the control mechanism for power delivery, as well as entry and exit from USB Type-C Alternate Modes, including Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort, and HDMI.
GRL’s solution provides a critical validation and compliance tool for the design, debug, and compliance testing of any USB PD or USB Type-C design. GRL-USB-PD automates all required compliance tests for power providers, consumers, dual role ports, and cable and adapter E-Markers, including Bi-Phase Mark Coded (BMC-PHY) physical layer compliance eye mask, parametric, and receiver testing; BMC protocol decode and compliance (BMC-PROT); and power state testing (BMC-POW).
“We are thrilled that our USB Power Delivery test solution has been officially approved by USB-IF for compliance testing,” said Mike Engbretson, GRL Chief Technology Engineer. “GRL is very proud of our efforts to provide leading edge test solutions and engineering services for compliance, validation, and debugging of technologies using the USB Type-C connector.”
Key features of the GRL USB PD solution include:
- USB-IF approved for PD compliance plan for PD specification revision 1.0 version 2.0 Communications Engine MOI
- Runs on any Windows 7+ scope from Keysight Technologies, Rohde & Schwarz, Tektronix, or Teledyne LeCroy
- Electrical physical layer (BMC-PHY) tests – USB PD Chapter 5
- Protocol layer (BMC-PROT) tests – USB PD Chapter 6
- Power state (BMC-POW) tests – USB PD Chapter 7
- Supports ‘Alt Mode’ initiation for high speed PHY testing of DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3, and HDMI over USB Type-C
- Supports all USB PD devices including cable and adapter E-Markers, power providers, power consumers, and dual-role devices
- Provides direct linkage and traceability of packet data to the USB PD physical layer signal
- Automatically saves all waveforms for further analysis and debug
- Automatically generates comprehensive .pdf, .csv, and .xml test reports
GRL-USB-PD can be ordered now, with discounts available for larger orders. Contact Granite River Labs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your test equipment vendor to order the GRL USB PD Solution.
More information is available at http://graniteriverlabs.com/usb-pd/.
About Granite River Labs
Granite River Labs (GRL) provides end-to-end Engineering Services and Test Solutions to help hardware engineers adopt high speed interfaces. A trusted partner of up-and-coming hardware developers to some of the largest companies in the world, GRL combines recognized industry experts, high performance test equipment, and automated test solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.graniteriverlabs.com.
Vice President and General Manager
Granite River Labs Inc.
USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.